Today I am going to show you how to make a crib for the infant in your doll family. This fits a doll family with the adults at a hieght of 5 or 6 inches and about a 1 inch baby. If these steps are confusing, the pictures help, as this is a harder project.
- Gloss paint (your choice of color.
- Air dry clay
- A ruler
- Make a flat piece of clay that is 2.5 inches long and 1.5 inches wide and about a quarter of an inch thick. I like to call a flat piece like this “a slab”. Don’t ask why! I just do! Then, make a border around the slab, but on top of it, about half an inch thick. To make it, get a small bit of clay, then roll it between your hands in a “snake shape”.
- Next, take your toothpicks, and paint them your choice of color(s). I used black gloss paint.
- Once your toothpicks are dry, cut them so they are all a length of 1.25 inches. You will need a total of 16 toothpicks.
- Now, stick the toothpicks into the border of your slab each a quarter of an inch apart. Don’t stick them in too deep however! On the long sides of the slab, put 6 toothpicks on each side.
- As soon as that is done, create two “snake” pieces that are as long as the short ends on your slab. Place them on top of the border on the short ends.
- Now, place 2 toothpicks on each short end, centered. Make sure that the tops of your toothpicks are all level with each other.
- For the next step, make another snake that is about 0.25 of an inch thick and long enough to go around the top of your crib, sitting on the toothpicks.
- After you have waited for the clay to dry thoroughly, paint the crib! You can paint it with designs, patterns, multiple colors, or just one color like I did mine. Paint one coat on, wait for it to dry, and paint another.
Congratulations! You are done! Don’t forget to like, comment, follow, and share with your friends! Remember, if you made this craft, post a comment about it and it will be featured on our site!
Thanks for reading!